Job Reference: QS/02/20 Location: Dungannon Closing Date: 23/02/20
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be seeking a role different to the traditional construction route, with a commercial approach and eye for detail we believe we have an exciting and fulfilling role to work in our dynamic practice.
This individual will work across a range of industry sectors, comprising both; (I) expenditure claims / R & D analysis, where clients have undertaken construction works directly and (II) purchase price allocations, where newly developed or 2nd hand buildings are acquired by clients, requiring re/construction cost estimates.
- Hold a degree qualifying them as a Quantity Surveyor, with at least 2 years relevant industry experience
- Hold Chartered MRICS/MSCSI status (not essential)
- Be proficient in MS office suite
- Have working knowledge of construction project procurement, contract administration and associated documentation
- Have exposure to main PQS activities, such as cost planning/estimating, BoQ preparation, tender analysis, contract administration, final account negotiation and report writing
- Demonstrate ability to create and follow business development leads, and develop your own work stream.
- Have an ability to prepare and price (based on recent practical experience) budget reconstruction estimates for a range of commercial buildings/projects from inception to completion.
- Have financial awareness and be able to assess the commercial viability of proposed solutions
- Be a self-starter with strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Prior knowledge of the capital allowances/tax depreciation regime is not a prerequisite as full on the job training will be provided, however it may be used to enhance shortlisting criteria
Fantastic remuneration and benefits package on offer with a competitive starting salary; annual salary reviews, enhanced annual leave entitlement; Life assurance; Private Health insurance; and enhanced employer pension contributions.Apply for this position