The Chancellor has presented his Budget to Parliament - below are some of the highlights.
Autumn Budget 2017 - Highlights
- R&D tax credit to increase to 12%
- No BIK for charging electric cars at work
- New levy on new diesel cars
- National Living Wage to increase from £7.50 to £7.83 from April 2018
- VAT threshold frozen to £85k for 2 years
- Abolishing of stamp duty for 1st time buyers for purchases of the first £300K for all properties up to £500k
- Indexation Allowance on CGT for companies frozen at 31 Dec 2017
- Phased reduction on CT rates to continue as previously announced
- Personal Allowance increase to £11,850 from April 2018
- Increase to Higher Rate Threshold to £46,350 from April 2018
Whilst every effort has been made by CavanaghKelly to ensure the accuracy of the information here, it cannot be guaranteed and neither CavanaghKelly nor any related entity shall have liability to any person who relies on the information herein. Information given here is for guidance only. Detailed professional advice should be taken before acting on any information contained herein. If having read the guidance here, you would like to discuss further; a member of our team would be pleased to help you.