Minister of Finance, Paschal Donohoe, delivered his 3rd budget today, 8th October
- No changes to personal taxes due to Brexit uncertainty.
- The Home Carer tax credit is to increase by €100 to €1,600.
- The reduced rate of USC for medical card holders has been extended for another year to the end of December 2020.
- The Self Employed earned income tax credit is to increase by €150 to €1,500
- The Help To Buy Scheme will continue in its current form for a further period of two years to the end of 2021.
A PDF version of the Republic of Ireland Budget 2020 - Summary of Facts is available to download.
Whilst every effort has been made by CavanaghKelly to ensure the accuracy of the information here, it cannot be guaranteed and neither CavanaghKelly nor any related entity shall have liability to any person who relies on the information herein. Information given here is for guidance only. Detailed professional advice should be taken before acting on any information contained herein. If having read the guidance here, you would like to discuss further; a member of our team would be pleased to help you.